Watch for announcements such as these in your LACCD email in-boxes!
These announcements are provided by the PR office on campus:
- Don’t Forget—September 9 is the Last Day to Drop Classes by Internet Without Fees or Receiving a “W”. The last day to drop a class over the internet without incurring fees and without receiving a “W” using the LACCD Student Information System is Sunday, September 9. For a complete list of academic dates and deadlines, visit www.lavc.edu/calendar/index.html.
- Don’t Get a Parking Ticket! Park in Student Lots and Remember to Buy Your Fall Semester Parking Pass. The LAVC Business Office is now selling Fall 2012 Semester parking passes to students. If you don’t want to buy a semester parking permit, you can choose to purchase daily passes at the parking permit pay stations located in Parking Lot A and D. Vehicles parking on campus will be required to have a valid parking permit by September 10. The LAVC Sheriff’s Office will begin issuing parking citations for vehicles that do not display a parking permit starting the third week of school. To buy your semester parking permit, visit the Business Office located on the northeast corner of Campus Drive and Hatteras Street. For more information regarding parking on campus, visit www.lavc.edu/sheriff/parking.html.
- Want to Earn Up to $13.25 Per Hour? Project GRAD at LAVC is Hiring Tutors! LAVC in partnership with Project GRAD LA is hiring tutors for the following LAUSD Schools: Pacoima, San Fernando, Maclay, and Olive Vista Middle Schools, and San Fernando High School. Tutors will earn between $11.04-$13.25 per hour. To be eligible to be a tutor, you must be a full-time college student (at least 12 units) with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Applications are available in the Office of Academic Affairs in the Administration Building, Room 101, or by contacting Nona Matatova, project director, at (818) 947-2622.
- Need Help with Your Writing Assignments? Don’t Miss the “Writing Process” Workshop at the Writing Center on September 11. The LAVC Writing Center will hold its first workshop of the semester on Tuesday, September 11 from 1-2 p.m. in LARC 203, and the topic of the workshop will be on “The Writing Process”. The Writing Center offers free weekly workshops every Tuesday from 1-2 p.m. in the Writing Center located in Library & Academic Resource Center (LARC), Room 203. For more info, visit the Writing Center Web site at www.lavc.edu/writingcenter/workshops.html.
- Worried about Being Accepted to a UC Campus in Fall 2013? Find Out How to Get Guaranteed Admission at the UC Transfer Agreement Guarantee (TAG) Orientation. Come learn how you can get guaranteed enrollment at selected University of California (UC) campuses at the TAG orientation workshop on Tuesday, September 11 from 10-11 a.m. or 2-3 p.m., or Thursday, September 13 from 5:30-7 p.m. in the LARC (Library & Academic Resource Center) 200. If you can’t make it, additional TAG workshops will be held on Thursday, September 20 from 10-11 a.m. and 2-3 p.m., Tuesday, September 25 from 2-3:30 p.m. and Thursday, September 27 from 5:30-7 p.m. For more information, contact the Career/Transfer Center at (818) 947-2646 or visit www.lavc.edu/transfer/index.html.